I’m a big fan of bodyweight workoutsÂ for a variety of reasons.
- They’re efficient. It’s possible to get a quality workout in 20 minutes using only your bodyweight. No need to spend hours in the gym.
- Cardio and strength training…all-in-one! The right combination of bodyweight exercises can give you both the cardio and strength training you need, all in the same workout.
- They can be done anywhere. If you’re traveling, home with kids, or just can’t make it to the gym one day you can easily do a bodyweight workout wherever you are.
- They’re for everyone. You can easily modify or adapt a bodyweight workout depending on your current fitness level and abilities.
- No money? No problem. You don’t need an expensive gym membership to get a great workout. Bodyweight workouts are free–no moneyÂ isÂ needed.
The 500 Bodyweight Workout Challenge comes from GB Personal Training. The workout itself contains 10 different exercises, each to be completed 50 times, for a total of 500 repetitions. Here are the exercises:
- Fast Mountain Climbers
- Jump Squats
- Push Ups
- Slow Mountain Climbers
- Y Squats
- Forward Lunges
- Squat Thrusts
- Dirty Dogs
As always, pay close attention to your form. This workout is intended to be done “for time,” meaning as fast as safely possible but be certain you are completing the exercises safely and with good form.
Give it a try! Let us know your time in the comments section below!
No comments yet.