Tea has been used for centuries to assist in ailments like headaches, digestion, calming and sedating effects and more. Some studies have shown that the benefits of tea may actually include medicinal qualities.
I really only started drinking tea regularly a year ago. I’ve found that it is relaxing and isn’t very harsh on my digestive system like coffee (though I still enjoy a cup as a morning boost). After reading other sources on the benefits of tea, I actually enjoy it even more.
There are many different varieties of tea and it can be confusing at first on how to select a tea. My recommendation is to try as many as you can. You won’t know if you like it unless you try.
A great place to start is Fava Tea Company â€“ they offer a wide variety of organic teas and have a very helpful, knowledgeable staff. This company is based in Wisconsin (just like us!), but you can also purchase online or give them a call with any questions. Check out their website here.
Other options include TeaSource – we carry their specialty teas at Natural Healthy Concepts. The founder is an expert and travels the world for the best teas.Â Don’t forget about Republic of Tea and Adagio. All of these tea sources ship varieties of teas throughout the U.S. Tea makes a delicious and comforting gift too – any time of year!
Besides the tea specific stores, we also offer a variety of bag and loose teas in our retail store and online â€“ NaturalHealthyConcepts.com.
Soâ€¦ what are the benefits of tea?
7 Benefits of Tea
- Hydration â€“ Did you know that experts say drinking tea can actually be part of your “8 glasses of water a day” rule? Since it is brewed in water â€“ it is a natural hydration source for your body.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight â€“ Studies show that green tea extract may help raise your metabolic rate which might help a bit with healthy weight management.Â This is not to be confused with bottled green tea, but specifically the extract. Don’t expect the fat to melt away but every little bit helps right?
- Promote Calmness â€“ Feeling stressed out by the holidays or life in general? Well, don’t fret â€“ brew up some black tea. A study found that black tea or drinking tea in general may provide some calming and therapeutic feelings. Who doesn’t need a little less stress?
- Younger-looking Skin â€“ Well it doesn’t happen overnight, but the benefits of tea of any kind include antioxidants. Antioxidants reduce free radicals which definitely affect our skin and appearance. White tea may contain certain antioxidants which may support elastin and collagen in men and women.
- Healthy Blood Sugar Support â€“Â We recommend a healthy diet and exercise to support healthy blood sugar levels though some studies show that drinking caffeinated teas may help as well. Drink up!
- Support Bone Health â€“ Green tea catechins may help support the normal bone renewal process.
- Promote Healthy Cholesterol Levels â€“ Some of us do not have the luxury of naturally low cholesterol levels â€“ genes, a standard American diet and lack of exercise can affect our cholesterol. Well thankfully sipping on tea may provide antioxidants to support healthy cholesterol levels. The very act itself can be therapeutic – sipping, relaxing and enjoying a quiet moment that is habitual goes a long way toward cardiovascular health.
What is your favorite tea? Have you found that tea has benefited your own health? Please post a comment and share with us!