All of us have small amounts of candida (or yeast) growing inside our bodies. Itâs natural and necessary for maintaining a healthy digestive tract. Itâs mostly located in our mouths (the first place digestion begins) and inside our colon and intestines (where digestion completes), as well as inside the birth canal. Itâs very common however for candida to overgrow â typically after a round of antibiotics or due to a poor diet loaded with sugar and carbohydrates. That overgrowth can lead to a bunch of undesirable side effects including fatigue, digestive issues, and a thick, itchy white discharge. But there are supplements for candida that can help keep overgrowth under control. Read on to learn more!
5 Key Supplements for Candida, Depending on Your Symptoms:
01. Oral Fungus Growth â Candida overgrowth can accumulate on the lining of your mouth, causing creamy white lesions on the tongue and inner cheeks. This type of yeast overgrowth most typically occurs in infants or elderly adults due to a weakened immune system. Breast feeding mothers may also contract it on their breasts and pass it back and forth from infant to mother during feedings. If you notice signs of yeast overgrowth in your babyâs mouth, talk to your medical professional. For adults (or children with the permission of a doctor) you can try this candida Mouth Rinse from Ecological Formulas. Use it as a gargle until symptoms disappear.
02. Irritated Bowels â A healthy digestive system depends of billions of microflora (or good bacteria) that live inside our colon and intestines. This bacteria helps keep the levels of candida in our bodies within a normal range. However, when we get sick or take antibiotics some of that good bacteria gets destroyed when our bodies are fighting the illness. That can lead to candida overgrowth. You can help prevent this with probiotics, which are supplements that add back that good bacteria to your gut, allowing it to properly fight off the candida. A good one to try for everyday maintenance is Colon & Bowel Probiotic from Terry Naturally.
03. Vaginal Yeast Overgrowth â In women, a small amount of candida naturally lives inside the vagina. When that yeast begins to overgrow, it can lead to some very uncomfortable side effects. Common symptoms of vaginal yeast overgrowth include itching, swelling, and irritation inside the birth canal. You may also notice a white clumpy discharge (some say it looks like cottage cheese). These types of irritations are common, and three out of every four women will experience it at some point in their lives. To help relieve symptoms, try a candida suppository like Yeastaway from Boiron.
04. Everyday Maintenance â Drink powders are a great way to way to naturally support your immune system and help control yeast levels. Mixes like Yeast-Aid from Kirkman contain a blend of healthy everyday vitamins and minerals, as well as herbs that are natural candida fighters. These supplements for candida make everyday digestive maintenance simple. The powder can be used in juice or water, or mixed in with your daily smoothie.
05. Stubborn Candida Overgrowth â Yeast growth thatâs gotten a little out of control can sometimes be tough to get rid of. Everyday supplements for candida and probiotics may not cut it by themselves. For situations like this, you might want to also try an antifungal or candida cleansing kit. There are several options out there, but a couple of our favorites are the Candaclear Four kit by Pharmax and Candistroy by Natureâs Secret.
What natural supplements for candida do you use to combat yeast overgrowth? Tell us about whatâs worked for you in the comments below!
No comments yet.