There is so much information floating around about detoxing and juice cleanses, it can be hard to know which method is right for you. Today, letâs focus specifically on a protein juice cleanse. This cleanse is becoming more and more popular, and it could be just what youâre looking for!
Detox or Cleanse?
First, letâs determine exactly what a cleanse is. You may be wondering if there is a difference between a detox and a cleanse, such a protein juice cleanse? The answer is yes; typically a basic cleanse focuses on the cleaning out of the bowels and the gut â to get rid of buildup and harmful substances that we tend to hold onto. The idea is to then to replace what is taken out with gut healing nutrients and vitamins. Usually this is accomplished with a combination of diet and supplements.
A detox primarily focuses on ridding the body of toxins and harmful substances brought in from the outside world that compromise our vital organs. Like a cleanse, it focuses on cutting certain things out of your diet, such as alcohol and caffeine, and only taking in detoxing foods and supplements that will help clean and strengthen our liver, kidneys, and blood.
How to Do a Protein Juice Cleanse
You have options when it comes to a protein juice cleanse. Unlike some of the other popular cleanses out there, a protein juice cleanse (or juice fasting) focuses on not just cleaning out your system with healthy fruit and vegetable juices, but also with muscle protecting protein.
Here are some things youâll want to add to your grocery list when preparing for your protein juice cleanse.
- Organic Fruits â Itâs best to choose organic when embarking on a cleanse. Since you are looking to flush toxins from your body, avoid pesticides by choosing non-organic fruits. Good fruits to focus on during a cleanse include:
- Organic Vegetables â Just like fruits, itâs best to choose organic when juicing vegetables for a protein juice cleanse. The type of veggie you choose is also key; here are some that will give you more bang for your buck when it comes to cleaning you out.
- High Quality Protein Powder â If you want to stick to a liquid cleanse, protein powder is the answer. Just be careful when choosing a brand. Here are some options that are great for a protein juice cleanse:
- VegeCleanse â This pea protein powder from Designs for Health is a perfect protein source for those following a vegetarian diet while on a protein juice cleanse.
- MycoPure â This is another good option for those on a vegan or keto diet who are looking to do a protein juice cleanse. This powder sources protein from fermented shiitakes and peas.
- GI Cleanse Protein Powder â This is a great option from Natural Healthy Concepts that will work for everyone. This powder contains 26 grams of protein per serving and all of your essential vitamins and minerals.
- High Powered Herbs â Many people opt to add in high powered herbs to assist with detoxification and promote healing. Some great ones to try in your protein juice cleanse include:
However you choose to do a cleanse, your overall health is what to consider. Thatâs why a protein juice cleanse is such a popular choice, it still gives you all the benefit of a traditional juice cleanse, without compromising support for your bones and muscle. Good luck on your natural health and wellness journey!