A new product line on the horizon, new product roll outs set for April and a collection of new awards show NOW Foods is having no mid-life crisis as it celebrates its 45th birthday. This innovative company’s commitment to empowering you to live a healthier life has propelled it to top of the natural food business. And its commitment to providing high quality supplements at prices that are fair and affordable has made it one of the best selling brands in the natural health industry, and one of our most popular brands among our customers.
A History of Innovation
Now Foods was founded in 1968 by Ellwood Richard. Ellwood formed the company at the health food store he inherited from his father. His great innovation was managing every step in the production process — from buying raw materials to selling the finished product at his store.
At the time, a common complaint about health food stores was the price. Many health food stores were accused of price gouging. Ellwood realized the real issue was the cost of the goods they were getting from manufacturers. Seeing this as an opportunity, he started buying raw materials from quality manufacturers, packing the supplements, and selling the completed products in his store.
This approach drove the success of the company. And it remains the cornerstone of NOW Foods business model: providing high value, high quality nutritional supplements and goods.
Throughout the years, NOW Foods has overcome challenges and adversity to thrive thanks to their commitment to customers and core business culture.
Today, the family-owned company has state-of-the-art operations in Bloomingdale, Illinois, and Sparks, Nevada. Their in-house testing laboratories and scientifically-advanced facilities are among those leading the way in the natural health industry. With its strong emphasis on technological advancement and commercial testing, Now Foods produces a level of “quality control that is virtually unmatched within the natural health products industry.”
With their strong emphasis on customers and high quality products, they have lived up to, if not exceeded, their slogan: Nutrition for Optimal Wellness. For more information on NOW Foods, check out their website.
Now Foods in 2013
NOW Foods’ continued commitment to excellence is clear to see in the new products they roll out every year.
In April, the company is introducing
- Thermo Green Tea, to provide a powerful antioxidant punch
- Men’s Extreme Sports Multi, to keep even the most intense and active men well-fueled and ready for their next limit-pushing endeavor
- Clarify & Illuminate Facial Cleansing Gel, to help your skin breathe better by taking in more oxygen and releasing more carbon dioxide
- Clarify & Illuminate Purifying Toner, to improve skin vitality and reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Clarify & Illuminate Age Transformation Moisturizer, to help reduce the appearance of facial aging by up to six years and restore the youthful appearance of cells
As if that was not enough to take on the company is also rolling out a new Living Now line, to provide natural, gluten-free grains, flours and mixes. Check back with our website regularly as we continue to boost our selection of Now Foods products.
And the company’s ongoing commitment to innovation has not gone unnoticed. Recently, several NOW Foods products were recognized in Delicious Living Magazine’s 2013 Supplement Awards. For the past two years, Delicious Living Magazine has organized awards to recognize the best dietary supplements and companies in the natural health industry. The awards focus on innovative, research-backed supplements. To determine the winners, Delicious Living’s editorial team collected nominations from the magazine’s advisory board, experienced retailers, manufacturers, and readers.
This year, NOW Foods’ Prenatal Gels+DHA was recognized as this year’s Best Prenatal Health Supplement. The Prenatal Gels+ DHA is a multivitamin and mineral supplement with 250 mg of DHA per serving. Taking DHA prenatal vitamins while pregnant and/or breastfeeding can help support the development of your baby when it is growing at its fastest rate. Prenatal multivitamins with DHA have also been known to help women recover faster.
Cholesterol Pro received an Honorable Mention for Best Heart Health Supplement. Cholesterol Pro offers a unique composition and high content of citrus bio-flavonoids and plant sterols that can help support cardiovascular health, as well as proper blood sugar metabolism. To learn more on supplementation and how other natural heart supporting efforts can help your heart health, check out our blog post/infographic from heart health month here. Cholesterol Pro will be coming to our store shortly!
And lastly, the DHA-500 received an Honorable Mention for Best Healthy Aging Supplement. This unique blend of omega 3 fatty acids offers support for cardiovascular health as well as anti-aging support. DHA-500 will be coming to our store shortly!
Our Top Now Foods Supplements
During the month of April, all of NOW Foods products are on sale–Make sure you check out our wide selection at our website, NaturalHealthyConcepts.com! Below, we’ve highlighted a few of our best selling and highest rated Now Foods supplements:
- Relora 300 Mg Appetite Control– The Relora Appetite Control can help control your appetite and stop stress-related eating– aiding in weight control
- Argan Oil 100% Pure and Organic – The Argan Oil is an amazing multi-functional hair, skin and nails product, which adds shine to your hair and provides moisture for your skin, hair, scalp and nail cuticles. Check out our blog post on Argan Oil for more benefits and features!
- 5 HTP 100 Mg – 5-HTP supports the production of Serotonin, and also supports neurotransmitter and emotional/mood health.
- MCT Oil 100% Pure – Usually derived from coconut oil, the MCT Oil from Now Foods provides support for healthy weight management and metabolism.
- Pyruvate 1000 MG Extra Strength– Calcium Pyruvate provides support in energy production by facilitating the transport of glucose from the bloodstream into the muscles, making this a popular supplement with fitness enthusiasts and body builders
- Xanthan Gum – Xanthan Gum, from the NOW Real Food product line, is used in the food processing industry as a thickener, stabilizer and emulsifier for a number of different foods.