Do you ever feel like youâre in a constant struggle to fight inflammation in your body? Itâs hard, so many factors cause inflammation, and if youâre more prone to it, keeping it at bay can be a real battle. So, today letâs talk about supplements that support your body against symptoms ofÂ inflammation, so you can start feeling strong and healthy again.
What Causes Inflammation?
Inflammation, quite simply, is the way your body reacts to injury or infection. When a signal goes off that there might be a problem, your immune system reacts by sending extra white blood cells out to source as a way to fight the problem. The increased fighting activity causes inflammation which addresses itself as redness, swelling and irritation. In some cases, such as autoimmune disorders, your body continuously fights a certain area, damaging healthy tissues, and eventually causing more harm than good.
Environmental toxins, medicines we use, and even the foods we eat can have a big impact on our bodyâs inflammatory response. Taking an active approach to curb inflammation can have a huge impact on how you feel. Things like eating an anti-inflammatory diet and taking supplements that decrease inflammation is the best way to start eliminating unnecessary inflammation from our bodies.
Supplements for Inflammation
There are many herbal supplements that naturally curb inflammation in our bodies, so it shouldnât be hard to find a regimen that works for you. Here are some to try:
- Ginger â Ginger has been used for thousands of years as a way to control inflammation and promote overall good health. Whether itâs eaten raw or as crystallized ginger, brewed into a tea, or taken as a supplement, you canât go wrong with the power of ginger.
- Turmeric â Turmeric is another ancient super herb that works wonders on inflammation. Many people opt to cook with turmeric, drink it as a tea, use it as an essential oil, or even sprinkle it in their morning cup of coffee. Regardless of how you take it, turmeric can be your ultimate defense against painful inflammation. You can also find it in supplement form for ultimate convenience.
- Curcumin â The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. It alone has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. CuraMed by Terry Naturally is a great curcumin supplement option for those suffering with chronic inflammation.
- Fish Oil â A daily fish oil supplement, such as cod liver oil from Nordic Naturals, can be your great source of omega-3 fatty acids. These supplements contain anti-inflammatory properties that block cytokines and prostaglandins, two major causes of chronic inflammation.
- Vitamin A â A good daily defense against inflammation is to get plenty of vitamin A. You can do this with a daily supplement and through a healthy diet. Good sources of vitamin A include, carrots, spinach, broccoli and sweet potatoes.
If you prefer drinking tea to swallowing herbal supplements in various pill forms, try the selection from Gaia Herbs or Mountain Rose Herbs, which includes formulas that offer natural support against symptoms of inflammation.
Taking an active approach to fighting inflammation in your body will help you maintain optimal health. How do you fight inflammation on a daily basis?
Tell us your routine in the comments below!