For centuries, there has been a lot of talk about the benefits of garlic. No, weâre not talking about chasing away vampires, warding off evil spirits, or other wivesâ tales. In fact, garlic has long been used for medicinal purposes by the Greeks and other ancient societies. Today, scientific research indicates that there are several potential garlic benefits for men.
Before you learn about the potential health benefits of garlic, itâs important to understand whatâs so special about this small vegetable. For starters, garlic is a low-calorie source for important vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, selenium, manganese, fiber, vitamin B6, and more. By some standards, those properties make garlic a superfood.
In addition to its nutritional properties, garlic is high in a sulfur compound called allicin. Chopping or crushing garlic releases allicin, which can promote a strong immune system in addition to other potential benefits.
Potential Garlic Benefits for Men
Although garlic has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years, several modern studies have backed up the potential garlic benefits for men in recent years. Here are a few studies that highlight what garlic may be able to do for you:
- Garlic is a widely used aphrodisiac, and thereâs actually science to back it up. Studies show that the allicin in garlic increases blood flow, and many experts believe this increase in blood flow can ramp up the sex drive.
- Eating garlic may also support prostate health. As men age, they have an increased chance of prostate enlargement. However, a study shows that a diet high in garlic (and onions, which are among the same family) may decrease the risk of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Eating garlic could lower your chance of BPH by as much as 28 percent.
- Do you ever get athleteâs foot after prolonged periods of working out? Turns out, garlic contains some properties that provide support against fungus like this. A study in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology found that applying a garlic solution with ajoene (another compound found in garlic) to athleteâs foot twice a day had a 100 percent cure rate. This is compared to a 94 percent cure rate for people who used Lamisil to treat athleteâs foot.
- Garlic supplementation may also support your heart health. All kinds of heart complications can be caused by high blood pressure and/or high cholesterol. There has been a lot of research about the impact of garlic on blood pressure and cholesterol levels â and the results are promising. Plenty of studies found that using a garlic supplement can help people maintain a healthy blood pressure already in a normal range. When it comes to cholesterol, some studies indicate that garlic has a positive effect on LDL cholesterol levels (also known as âbadâ cholesterol).
- Garlic may support your immune system. Studies show that garlic can not only keep you from getting sick as often, it can also reduce the length of a cold or flu. A 12-week study found that garlic reduced the number of colds in participants by 63 percent compared to a placebo. Plus, this additional study found that taking a garlic supplement reduced the amount of time a cold or flu lasted in participants by 61 percent.
Reaping the potential garlic benefits for men could involve more than simply adding extra garlic to your diet. Thatâs why Natural Healthy Concepts offers a wide range of garlic supplements that may help you reach your health goals. We also understand that you may be hesitant to use a garlic supplement because of the strong scent. The good news is, we also offer a selection of odorless garlic capsules and tablets so you can experience the potential health benefits without worrying about how you smell.
When you browse our products, we make it easy to learn about garlic supplements and the potential benefits they may offer. Read our project pages to learn more about the specific products that could help you!
No comments yet.