Whether youâve done it before, or youâre a brand new mom attempting it for the first time, breastfeeding can be hard. Add a low milk supply to the mix, and itâs enough to send an already tired and hormonal mama right off the ledge! Low milk supply is one of the main reasons why breastfeeding mothers give up on ânatureâs wayâ and start looking for other alternatives to feed their babies. This is heartbreaking, because numerous studies show that nursing has incredible health and emotional benefits for both the infant, and the mom. So, before you give up, consider thisâ¦ In the most basic sense, breastfeeding (along with giving birth) is what womenâs bodies were designed to do. So, itâs not entirely surprising that nature also provides ways to support it, like with fenugreek breastfeeding. Read on the learn more!
Signs of Low Milk Supply
Many nursing mothers worry about their milk supply. It is completely normal to worry about whether or not you are providing your baby with the nutrition they need! However, it can be difficult to determine whether or not you have actually have a low milk supply, or if youâre just being a worried mom. When in doubt, refer to these three signs that your milk is low and talk to your healthcare provider about it.
- Your baby isnât gaining enough weight.
- Bowel movements are infrequent and remain dark colored after the first week.
- You arenât changing at least five very wet diapers per 24 hours.
Support With Fenugreek Breastfeeding Methods
Now, even if youâve determined that your milk supply isnât technically low, you wouldnât be crazy to want to support, if not increase it â you know, just in case. Thatâs where fenugreek breastfeeding methods can help. Fenugreek is a natural herb that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Itâs thought to help support and promote a healthy milk supply by acting as a galactagogue, which is a substance that increases milk supply. There are studies that support this theory, although more research is needed.
Fenugreek Breastfeeding Options
Because fenugreek is a popular medicinal herb, itâs typically very easy to get your hands on it. Mothers who wish to use it for fenugreek breastfeeding should talk to their healthcare provider first before adding any new substances to their daily routine. Itâs also important to note that fenugreek is NOT recommended for women who are pregnant, because it could cause uterine contractions. However, if youâve already given birth, are nursing, and are not currently pregnant, here are three ways to give fenugreek breastfeeding a try!
- Fenugreek Breastfeeding Tea â Nursing mothers may find this to be the easiest and most comforting way to get their daily dose of fenugreek. Try this Fenugreek Organic Tea from Alvita. It has a sweet, nutty and slightly spicy flavor that many people love. Added bonus: Fenugreek is also thought to help support your digestive system, which can make things easier on breastfeeding moms who are having trouble moving things along in the bathroom.
- Fenugreek Breastfeeding Supplements â If a capsule is easier for you than the tea, there are options for that as well. Fenugreek Extract by Solaray is great, or try a blend, such as Lactation Support by Gaia Herbs, which combines fenugreek with marshmallow root, fennel seed, and raspberry leaf for optimal support.
- Fenugreek Breastfeeding Liquid Supplements â Liquid supplements such as More Milk Plus from Motherlove are also great for breastfeeding support. Just add a few drops to water and drink up, but be sure to follow the correct dosage guidelines for your height and weight.
Breastfeeding isnât simple, but itâs worth it. Once they get the hang of it, most moms love it and even miss it when itâs over. Remember, you have the power to create life, and you have the power to support it. Youâve got this, mama! Good luck!
Have you had success with fenugreek breastfeeding support methods? Tell us about your experience in the comments below!