Are you struggling with to get pregnant? Youâre not alone! Did you know that about 10 percent of American women between the ages of 15-44 have trouble getting and/or staying pregnant? Thatâs according to research approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Itâs an issue that can send frustrated women desperately seeking answers behind the pharmacy counter. Modern medicine can be life-changing for some, but itâs not necessary for all. For many, trying dong quai fertility supplements may have potential benefits for reproductive health â in women and men! Find out more in this blog post.
What is Dong Quai?
Dong quai is a plant, similar to celery, that grows in the mountainous parts of Asia, primarily in China, Japan and Korea. The dong quai root has been used for over a thousand years in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as support for reproductive health.
Dong Quai Fertility Benefits for Women
There are many potential advantages for both men and women to adding dong quai to your supplement routine; however, studies show that it may have some specific advantages for womenâs fertility. You may have heard it referred to before as âThe Female Ginseng.â Hereâs why.
- May Help Regulate Menstruation â Regular ovulation and menstruation is key to getting pregnant. If you canât rely on your cycle, it can be hard to plan intercourse to result in pregnancy. Researchers say dong quai helps dilate the blood vessels, thus stimulating blood flow to the uterus. It may be useful for women who have stopped taking birth control and want to encourage a regular cycle. Many women who struggle with premenstrual side effects may also benefit from giving it a try.
- May Promote Healthy Blood Flow to the Uterus â Dong quai is believed to stimulate the muscles in the uterus, which can help get good oxygenated blood moving more freely. Think of it as stretching and loosening up a sore, tight muscle â as the herb can also have a relaxing effect. For this reason though, dong quai is not recommended if you are already pregnant.
- Provides Nourishment to the Blood â You can find dong quai in nearly all of the Chinese blood-building compounds due to its high levels of folic acid, biotin, and vitamin B12. Studies show it provides nourishment for the blood, which may make it useful for women struggling to get pregnant due to iron deficiency or anemia.
- May Promote Thickness of the Uterine Wall â More research is needed, but some studies show dong quai has been effective at thickening the lining of the uterus in rats. A thick uterine lining is essential to maintaining a healthy pregnancy, so it may be helpful for those who struggle to carry to term.
Dong Quai Fertility Benefits for Men
While there are many advantages to trying dong quai fertility supplements for womenâs reproductive health, there are several potential benefits for men as well.
- May Improve Sperm Quality â Dong quai contains ferulic acid, which is an antioxidant that has been linked to the maintenance of healthy sperm quality. Try adding 550 mg of dong quai root to your daily supplement routine and see what happens. It may make a difference to your health!
- May Curb Premature Ejaculation â Itâs believed that one in five American men struggles with premature ejaculation, which can make getting his partner pregnant very difficult. Researchers say using an herbal cream containing Dong Quai and applying it directly to the skin of the penis could help delay ejaculation. Chinese herbalists regularly recommend it to men for this purpose.
Have you had luck using dong quai fertility supplements? Let us know about your experience in the comments below!