Despite millions of cancer screenings performed every year, 1,500 people die from cancer every day in the US.
Cancer screening is not cancer prevention.
Getting screened for cancer only tells you if you have it or not. Cancer prevention involves so much more, and the good news is, you have far more influence in what happens to your health than what you might care to know!
Prevention is about taking the appropriate steps to maintain and support good health. If you’re a cancer survivor, its doing everything you can to make sure it doesn’t come back. I have three family members who are cancer survivors – they work diligently to take care of themselves with healthy lifestyle choices.
Did you know you can have cancer cells in your body at any given time? When your immune system is healthy, your body will naturally destroy them; when it’s not, cancer can take hold. Doesn’t it make sense to be proactive with your health?
Now you have a chance to strike back before you become another cancer statistic. We could literally exhaust the subject with information on the multiple supplements and lifestyle choices that can support your health.
Besides the obvious: stop smoking, exercise, eat real food, and cut back on stress. But for now, we’ll focus on one stellar product that is having a profound influence in cancer prevention – CURCUMIN. From a special report from our friends at Life Extension Foundation here are just a few of the reasons why curcumin is so powerful:
- Curcumin is a potent multimodal cancer-preventing agent, with 240 published studies appearing in the global scientific literature in the past year alone.
- Curcumin is derived from the Indian spice turmeric and possesses several active components, all of which contribute to its anti inflammatory and chemopreventive power. In fact, curcumin targets ten causative factors involved in cancer development. (Yes, inflammation is implicated in cancer, too.)
- Disrupting any one of these ten factors give you a good chance of preventing cancer; disrupting several provides even greater protection, including the prevention of DNA damage.
- Curcumin regulates tumor suppressor pathways and triggers mitochondrial-mediated death in tumor tissue, thereby increasing the death of cancer cells.
If maintaining your health is a priority in your life, consider adding curcumin into your daily supplement routine. According to Terry Lemerond of Terry Naturally, “Curcumin BCM-95 is a patented complex of curcumin 95%, homogenized with turmeric essential oil for greater absorption. Human clinical studies have shown it to be absorbed up to 10 times greater than curcumin 95%. Curcumin and its 112 known molecules can affect multiple pathways at multiple levels all simultaneously. It can improve and protect liver function, enhance the immune system, protect and prevent cellular damage, and provide one of the most powerful antioxidants in the world.”
How’s that for prevention?! There is a host of medical research that supports the health benefits of curcumin. One of my favorite resources is GreenMedInfo.com. If you’re new to them, they exist “in order to provide convenient and open access to the biomedical research available today on the therapeutic value of natural substances in disease prevention and treatment.”
The information they provide however, is not meant for diagnosing, treating, curing or preventing any disease. Like all natural health sites, the information is there to provide you with information to help you make educated and informed choices regarding your healthcare.
Natural Healthy Concepts applauds our cherished customers, who really get what prevention is all about. Our motto is “your health is the best investment you’ll ever make”. We’re committed to supporting you on your journey to better health. Eating healthy, clean food, exercising, managing your stress, and of course, taking high quality supplements are the keys to real prevention.
What pro-active steps are you taking to improve or maintain your health?
- Turmeric vs. Curcumin (terrytalksnutrition.com)
- Natural Cancer Fighters (terrytalksnutrition.com)
- Therapeutic Roles of Curcumin: Lessons Learned from Clinical Trials