Do you constantly feel tired, or maybe your head feels foggy and you canât seem to get focused? Perhaps you often feel bloated and have intense cravings for sugar that you chalk up to the start of your period. You might just write these off as normal issues due to having a busy schedule and not enough sleep, but it could be something else making you feel this way. These are also a few common candida overgrowth symptoms, with which many of us struggle. Read ahead to see if any of these candida overgrowth symptoms resonate with you, and how you can help clear them up.
What is Candida?
Candida is a yeast fungus that grows in small amounts naturally in our bodies, mostly inside our mouth, digestive tract, birth canal, and on the skin. When itâs behaving normally, it helps us maintain a healthy digestive system. However, sometime candida gets carried away, getting in the way of other important bodily functions and causing the following potential candida overgrowth symptoms.
Possible Candida Overgrowth Symptoms
- Low energy
- Inability to concentrate
- Gas and bloating
- Irritable bowels (constipation or diarrhea)
- Itchy patches of skin
- Noticeable yeast growth in mouth or vaginal canal
- Irritability or mood swings
- Intense cravings for sugar or carbohydrates
Does any of that sound familiar? It probably does, because many of the candida overgrowth symptoms are common to all of us. But, hereâs the thing â if it is candida overgrowth thatâs making you feel that way, you can fix it, and you may feel better. However, first itâs important to understand the possible causes of candida overgrowth.
Possible Causes of Candida Overgrowth
- Taking Antibiotics â Antibiotics help kill nasty bacteria that makes us sick, but at the same time itâs also killing off good bacteria in our gut that normally helps keep candida growth in check. Without that good bacteria, candida goes wild. One way to help prevent this while on antibiotics is to ingest plenty of probiotics, either in supplement form or by eating yogurt or kefir.
- Poor Nutrition â Diets high in sugar and refined carbohydrates are calling cards for candida overgrowth. Candida feeds off of sugar, so the more you eat, the more the candida grows.
- Alcohol Consumption â Most alcohol is fermented, which basically means that itâs full of candidaâs favorite food, sugar.
- Weakened Immune System â When you are sick, your immune system is typically busy elsewhere, fighting an infection. Since most of your immune system is located in your gut, a lack of enforcement (in the form of good bacteria) just makes it easier for candida to grow freely.
- High Stress Lifestyle â If you have a high stress job, or are dealing with personal issues that can cause intense worrying, you could be at risk for candida overgrowth. Stress tends to cause systemic inflammation, which can lead to a weakened immune system and candida overgrowth.
How to Stop Candida Overgrowth Symptoms
You can help keep candida growth in check and support a healthy digestive tract pretty easily. First, start with a candida diet. Second, add key supplements, like Yeast Cleanse from Solaray, to your daily routine that will help your body build good bacteria and fight candida off. Third, if you find that you have a particularly tricky case of candida overgrowth, try adding a candida cleanse like Candistroy from Nature’s Secret to your regimen.
Have you noticed candida overgrowth symptoms, tried a yeast cleanse, and seen positive results for your health? Tell us about your experience in the comments below!