Before heart monitors, surgery, and pillsâ€¦ civilizations around the world relied on what was around them in nature to treat whatever ailed them. Itâ€™s amazing to think that a simple flower, root, or tree growing nearby could hold the powerful solution to common complications of the human bodyâ€¦ but often times they do! We often talk about ancient Chinese herbal medicine and how itâ€™s still very much relevant in todayâ€™s natural health society. But, different civilizations had different medical systems based on what was available to them in their region. In India, itâ€™s the ancient Ayurveda medical system that was developed and cultivated over thousands of years, and itâ€™s still quite relevant today. Read on to learn about how Ayurvedic practitioners use the arujuna tree to help support optimal health!
Herbal Support through Ayurveda
Those who practice Ayurveda believe that wellness depends on the balance of the mind, body, and spirit. These are known as the three doshas â€“ Vata, Pitta, Kapha. When one of the doshas becomes out of balance, problems arise in the body. Ayurvedic treatments combine diet, meditation, physical activity, and herbal medicines to promote balanced health. The arujuna treeâ€™s bark is one such herbal option that is heavily used in the practice of Ayurveda. Supporting cardiovascular health and helping to maintain healthy blood pressure levels already in the normal range are just some of the many arjuna benefits.
Arjuna Benefits and Uses for Your Health
- Supports Cardiovascular Health â€“ This is perhaps the best known and highly regarded arjuna benefit. Studies show that taking an arjuna supplement such as Arjuna-Heart by Ayush Herbs may be beneficial for people with various types of heart conditions. In Ayurvedic medicine, arjunaâ€™s main use is as a heart tonic, and modern scientific research seems to backup its claims. If you have a heart condition, talk to your doctor first about using this supplement with medications you are already taking.
- Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Pressure Already in the Normal Range â€“ Arjuna bark also seems to be potentially beneficial at helping patients maintain blood pressure levels that are already in normal range. If you struggle with mild hypertension, an organic supplement such as these USDA certified organic Arjuna caplets by Himalaya may help you keep things under control. There is a lot of positive research following the effects of arjuna and healthy blood pressure regulation. Check it out for yourself!
- Promotes Normal Urinary Function â€“ Another major arjuna benefit is that it is an astringent herb, which it makes it useful for cleansing the body inside and out. Studies show it may be helpful for people who struggle with chronic infections of the urinary tract, as well as complications with the digestive tract. Its antioxidant effect may also help support the health of people with gastric ulcers.
- Acts as a Natural Skin Astringent â€“ Many people claim using arjuna as a topical astringent may help clear up skin blemishes by supporting healthy-looking skin.
- Serves as a Salve for Wounds â€“ Because arjuna is a natural astringent, itâ€™s useful for cleaning and healing support in wound care. Arjuna bark is commonly ground up and formed into a paste for such use. It may also be useful for patients who are recovering from surgery.
Whatâ€™s your favorite arjuna benefit? Tell us how you use this ancient herb in the comments below!