Bath salt products are made from minerals, herbs, and plant essences, and have many exciting uses. Just what can you use bath salts for? Take a look!
- Exfoliation – May help to remove dead skin cells.
- Bath soak – May help maintain skin hydration and the health of the skin barrier.
- Scalp health – Use for flaky skin and microbial growth on the top of the head.
- Facial toner – Use on the face for skin that looks and feels smooth and bright.
- Oral health – May help to maintain the color and appearance of gums and teeth.
- Foot bath – May help with odors and microbial growth on the feet.
- Easing stress – The negative ions found in salts are thought to aid feelings of relaxation.
- Nail health – Combine with lemon and baking soda and apply to the fingers.
- Balancing mask – Use for oily or dry skin.
With a sense of how you can use bath salts, read below to learn about some of the things to consider before buying bath salts, and some products you may want to consider.
What to Consider
Before picking a bath salt, keep some of the below suggestions in mind.
- Natural bath salts are always best. Some companies use salts that they combine with minerals during manufacturing, but these may not provide the same potential benefits as real sea salts. Bath salts containing artificial dyes or fragrances should also be avoided.
- Choose the right grain size for your needs. Finer salt grains will be better for scrubs because they dissolve more easily and are easier to spread, while large grains may be better for soaks because they dissolve slowly over time.
- Not all salts are white in color. Some have a red hue, and others are blue. Warm hues may be more energizing, while cooler hues will provide a soothing effect.
- Many bath salts are infused with herbs and essential oils. Some people prefer to go without scented salts so they can control the strength of aromas using their own essential oils.
Along with the above information, there are also a variety of different bath salt types. Below is a quick look at these different types and available products.
Himalayan Rock Salt
Himalayan rock salt is best-known for its pink color, which is due to its impurities. These impurities include trace minerals that may be beneficial to the body.
Magnesium bath salts, also known as Epsom salts, are derived from minerals harvested from seabeds where minerals have drifted down and compressed together under the ground.
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes Ultra w/MSM from Enviromedica may provide support for healthy joints, temporary relief from occasional pain, and healthy-looking skin.
Crystalline salt is most similar to common table salt, except it is not processed for use in cooking. This type of salt also contains natural minerals.
Maris Sal, also known as Dead Sea salt, is a unique type of salt harvested from the Dead Sea and provides unique mineral composition that includes magnesium, calcium, potassium, and other trace minerals.
Bath salts a great way to make your bath more relaxing and potentially beneficial for your skin. Give them a try and see how they work for you!