Natural beauty doesn’t last without some maintenance. Cosmetics and beauty products are a billion dollar industry, and it’s easy to understand why. Most of us want to preserve and protect what we have without taking drastic measures – like using harsh chemicals or having cosmetic surgery. So, if natural beauty is what you’re searching for, it makes sense that you could try a natural option … like with fenugreek oil. Read on to learn more!
What is Fenugreek Oil?
Fenugreek oil comes from the seeds of the fenugreek plant, which is actually a member of the pea family. It’s been used by ancient civilizations all over the world for thousands of years as a medicinal herb due to its many potential health benefits. Fenugreek seems to naturally and temporarily calm inflammation and is believed to have tremendous benefits for our hair, skin, and general well-being. It can be used as an essential oil in food, beverages, or applied topically for skin care support. Its leaves and flowers can also be eaten and are popular in Asian cuisines and recipes. Fenugreek oil also supports optimal internal health, which may result in promoting external beauty.
Here are six potential beauty benefits of fenugreek oil:
01. Provides Skin Moisturization Support – Fenugreek oil is a great natural moisturizer and can be helpful for those with sensitive or irritated skin. Fenugreek is also natural antioxidant, so it may help calm redness and pore irritations with hydration support. Beauty experts suggest mixing fenugreek oil with yogurt and applying it to your face as a mask. Let it sit for 15 minutes before cleansing your face. For excessively dry skin, try a fenugreek soap blend like Tulsi-Neem Ayurvedic Soap from Auromere.
02. May Hide the Appearance of Aging – Large irritated pores are notorious for making skin appear older. Likewise, dryness only encourages fine lines and wrinkles to take shape. You may help soothe skin irritations and provide moisture support to those lines with fenugreek oil. Try a daily supplement, or drink the natural benefits in a tea like this one from Alvita. It may support a healthy-looking appearance.
03. May Support Healthy-Looking Skin – Because fenugreek oil contains antioxidants that fight free radical damage, it may provide support against blemishes by promoting healthy-looking skin. Beauty experts suggest using fenugreek oil on blemished skin daily.
04. May Support Appearance of Hair – If you go running for the tweezers every time you spot a grey hair, this beauty benefit should be enough for you to give fenugreek oil a try! Some beauty naturalists insist that using fenugreek oil on your hair may support against the appearance of grey hair as we get older, but further research is needed to support this claim. However, it can’t hurt to try, since it is also believed to support strength and shine for hair, so really it’s a win-win.
05. May Support Against Hair Loss – Fenugreek oil is full of minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, and vitamins B12 and B6, which are believed to have optimal benefits for hair and scalp health. A healthier scalp may help protect against dry, flaky and itchy scalp or potentially also hair loss. So give fenugreek oil a try and see if t makes a difference to your hair!
06. May Promote Shine and Volume of Hair – Forget expensive shampoos and conditioners! A few drops of fenugreek oil added to your favorite hair products may promote healthier-looking hair. The herb nourishes and protects hair follicles, leaving hair feeling full and silky soft. For an intense treatment, try it as a hair mask! Work it through your hair using your fingers, then wrap it up and go to bed with the oil in your hair overnight. In the morning, shampoo and condition your hair as usual and enjoy the added potential bounce and shine!
What are your beauty secrets? Share your favorites in the comments below!