I love breakfast but will admit I often find myself running out of options. If you’re gluten-free it can be even more difficult to find simple yet delicious breakfast options as many quick or “eat on-the-go” options contain gluten.
I don’t know about you, but at our house, we don’t have extra time in the morning to spend on breakfast preparation. What we eat has to be made ahead of time so we can all get to work and school on time. Here are some simple and delicious gluten-free recipes for you and your family to try that can all be made ahead of time.
- Breakfast Potato Bites To Go. This simple recipe recipe only contains 7 ingredients (including salt & pepper). It’s a good “make ahead of time” recipe for everyone–whether you’re single, have a family, or are just looking for a yummy breakfast option. Potatoes are on the EWG dirty dozen list so be sure to use organic potatoes for this recipe.
- Empanadas. Empanadas are a type of stuffed bread or pastry and they are delicious! You can take this recipe and fill it with whatever you’d like–apple cinnamon, bananas or anything else. Yum!
- Breakfast Egg Muffins to Go. Protein is an important part of any breakfast and this recipe is packed with protein. With eggs and sausage these “muffins” are loaded with protein. Plus you can make a whole batch of them at a time and save them for every morning of the week. Some brands of sausage may have gluten hidden in them so double check that you’re buying gluten free sausage.
- Quinoa Breakfast Bars with Blueberries. Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants and they’re tasty too! This quinoa breakfast bar recipe will help you feel full and stay full throughout the day.
- Gluten-Free Banana Bread. Banana bread is one of my all time favorites. This recipe removes gluten and reduces the amount of sugar to make tasty, gluten-free banana bread.
- Gluten-Free Pancakes. The Gluten Free Goddess’ take on gluten-free pancakes looks delicious! Pancakes are a very traditional and common breakfast food and if you’re gluten-free, you can easily enjoy pancakes with this recipe! You can also add bananas or blueberries to mix it up.
Share your favorite gluten-free breakfast recipes in the comments section below!