Tea has been used for centuries to assist in ailments like headaches, depression, pain, digestion and more. Some studies have shown that tea can actually provide medicinal benefits.
I really only started drinking tea regularly a year ago. I’ve found that it is relaxing and isn’t very harsh on my digestive system like coffee (though I still enjoy a cup as a morning boost). After reading other sources on the benefits of tea, I actually enjoy it even more.
There are many different varieties of tea and it can be confusing at first on how to select a tea. My recommendation is to try as many as you can. You won’t know if you like it unless you try.
A great place to start is Fava Tea Company – they offer a wide variety of organic teas and have a very helpful, knowledgeable staff. This company is based in Wisconsin (just like us!), but you can also purchase online or give them a call with any questions. Check out their website here.
Another great company to check out is Teavana. They are nationwide and supply a huge variety of teas. Check out their website. They have helpful resources if you’re new to tea and you can also shop online – which always makes a great holiday present. Hint, hint.
Besides the tea specific stores, we also offer a variety of bag and loose teas in our retail store and online – NaturalHealthyConcepts.com.
So… what are the benefits of drinking tea?
7 Benefits to Drinking Tea
- Hydration – Did you know that experts say drinking tea can actually be part of your “8 glasses of water a day” rule? Since it is brewed in water – it is a natural hydration source for your body.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight – Studies show that green tea extract may slow the formation of fat in the body. This is not to be confused with bottled green tea, but specifically the extract. Check out our online store and see how your waistline might benefit.
- Reduce Stress Levels – Feeling stressed out by the holidays or life in general? Well, don’t fret – brew up some black tea. A study found that black tea may help reduce stress hormones and blood pressure. Who doesn’t need a little less stress?
- Less Wrinkles and Younger Skin – Well it doesn’t happen overnight, but drinking tea may actually reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. White tea may inhibit wrinkle production by strengthening elastin and collagen in men and women.
- Fight Diabetes Type 2 – Though we recommend a healthy diet and exercise to help fight type 2 diabetes, some studies show that drinking caffeinated teas may help reduce your risk. Drink up!
- Improve Arthritis and Bone Health – Green tea catechins may help reduce inflammation and slow cartilage breakdown. Black, green and oolong tea drinkers have shown improvement in bone density as well.
- Lower Bad Cholesterol and Cardiovascular Risk – Some of us do not have the luxury of naturally low cholesterol levels – genes and lack of exercise can affect it. Well thankfully sipping on tea may help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Studies also show black tea may lower chances of blood clots and proteins in your cardiovascular system.
What is your favorite tea? Have you found that tea has benefited your own health? Please post a comment and share with us!