If you knew you were going to be stranded somewhere and could take only a few natural supplements with you, what would they be? Would colloidal silver be one of them?
Colloidal silver has been used for hundreds of years as a natural antibiotic. It fell out of favor with the advent of prescription antibiotics. But in recent years, as antibiotic resistance to potentially lethal bacteria like MRSA and SARS has escalated, the use of colloidal silver is making a come back and gaining respect. You may have heard some conflicting things about it, so I hope to put some of those fears to rest.
If you’re new to the amazing therapeutic properties of colloidal silver, you’ll want to read this comprehensive article from Dr. Mercola on colloidal silver and the pros and cons of the different silver products you’ll find on the market. His article links to an excellent website SilverSafety.org which contains a wealth of information and appropriate “guidelines for the safe use of silver supplements.”
The three most common forms of silver are:
- Ionic silver
- Silver proteins
- True colloidal silver
Silver proteins have been shown to be ineffective and have posed some health hazards. Ionic silver may have some health benefits, but it’s best to stick with the safer, true colloidal silver that has scientific support. I’ve listed a number of resources below that validate the safety and efficacy of colloidal silver.
For now, we’ll focus on the health benefits of true colloidal silver, like the number-one-selling Sovereign Silver, which contains only two ingredients: 96% positively charged pure silver particles (which happens to make it at least 34 times more powerful than other brands!) and pharmaceutical-grade purified water. You want to avoid products that contains other ingredients.
So what can colloidal silver do? Here are a just a few of its incredible health benefits:
- Proven effective against antibiotic resistant microbes like SARS and MRSA
- Helps eliminate the streptoccocus and staphloccocus bacteria
- It can be used for ear infections
- Use it topically for yeast infections, oral thrush and jock itch
- It has anti-tumor properties against MCF-7 human breast cancer cells
- You can spray it on wounds and infections for faster healing and to minimize scarring
- Use it regularly to support your immune system
- It has a very long shelf life
Clearly colloidal silver is liquid gold! It would be one of my first supplement choices for emergency preparedness. Like all things natural and pharmaceutical, it should be used responsibly. I like what Jeffery Blumer, MD, PhD, former director of the Center for Drug Research, said about the use of silver supplements:
Anything in excess has consequences. Common substances like table salt and aspirin are harmless with normal use, but excessive intake can become toxic and even life-threatening. With normal responsible usage, silver supplements are entirely harmless to humans.
You might be surprised to learn that the founder of Searle Pharmaceuticals, Alfred B. Searle, was a big proponent of the use of silver. He wrote a book Uses of Colloids in Health and Disease. However, since it’s not possible to patent a natural substance, colloidal silver went the way of most other natural remedies.
Isn’t it time you added colloidal silver to your medicine cabinet? In addition to our best-selling Sovereign Silver, you can check out our other great silver supplements and be on your way to better health….naturally!
Have you ever used colloidal silver? Did it work for you? Post a comment below and let us know!
- Collodial silver has high antimicrobial and bactericidal activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including MRSA staphylococcus. – GreenMedInfo SummaryResources:
- Ten ways to use colloidal silver’s amazing healing abilities. – NaturalNews.com
- Silver nanoparticles is superior to gold and zinc oxide in the treatment of Streptococcus mutans. – GreenMedInfo Summary
- Antitumor activity of colloidal silver on MCF-7 human breast cancer cells. – NCBI